Recipe: Garlic Rosemary French Bread Pizza DoughPrint This Post
From Jessica Bybee
- 1 ½ C. Warm Water
- 1 T. Fresh Rosemary, chopped (generous T.)
- 2. T. Oil
- 1- 1 ½ T. Garlic (I used the pre-chopped stuff- if yours is fresh you will want to use less)
- 2 T. Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt
- 4-5 C. White Flour
- 1 ½ T. Gluten Flour
- 1 T. Yeast
- Put on a large cookie sheet that has been greased/sprayed and has a layer of cornmeal. I form into a long skinny form and use a sharp knife to cut slits in the top like the stores do. This loaf will rise large. It should be about double its size on the pan when you put it in the oven. While it is rising I keep it covered with sprayed saran wrap.
- Before putting in the oven I beat 1 egg and use a basting brush to brush a layer over the top of the bread. Be gentle so it doesn’t fall.
- Bake at 350 for 27-30 minutes. For normal French/white bread just don’t add the rosemary and garlic.
Pizza Dough Variation
Use the French/White Bread recipe but only use 1 T. Oil. You can take the dough out of the bread maker and just roll it right away and place on pan/stone which is covered with cornmeal. It will rise while you put your toppings on. If you are just doing sauce and cheese let it rise a little longer before putting in the oven. Bake at 400 for 20-25minutes with the toppings on. If I have a lot of veggies sometimes I will let it cook a few minutes longer.