Recipe: Minestrone SoupPrint This Post
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 c. minced onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1/2 c. chopped zucchini
- 1/2 c. frozen cut Italian green beans
- 1/4 c. minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans small white beans or great Northern beans, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c. carrots, julienned or shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsely
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (optional)
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a large stock pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrots, hot water, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.