Recipe: Old Fashioned Cinnamon RollsPrint This Post
- 1 yeast cake or 1/4-ounce package yeast
- 1 c. warm water
- 1/2 T. sugar
- 1 c. mik
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 2 eggs beaten well
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4-6 cups flour
- 1/4 -1/2 c. margarine
- cinnamon sugar mixture
- raisins (opt)
- chopped walnuts (opt)
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Mix yeast cake, warm water, and sugar in bowl.
- Scald milk in a pan and then let cool. Add sugar, 1/4 c. margarine, and eggs to milk. Milk should melt margarine.
- Pour milk mixture into yeast mixture. Add flour and salt and form a soft dough. Knead 10 minutes.
- Turn into greased bowl. Roll dough ’til greased on all sides.
- Raise dough ’til doubled, about 1-1.5 hours covered.
- Roll out on table into a rectangle. Rub margarine on dough and sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Raisins and walnuts are options too.
- Roll dough into a tub and then slice into rolls. Raise in greased pan for one hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla glaze ingredients. Add milk one tablespoon at a time. Glaze should be thick, so you can frost rolls when hot.