Recipe: Swiss Steak and DumplingsPrint This Post
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1 1/2 t. Baking powder
- 1/2 t. Poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk 1/8 cup oil
- one round steak
- large onion
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup water
- Mix above ingredients together. Dip dumplings by teaspoons in melted butter and roll in bread crumbs.
- Take one round steak, pound it and cut it into 2-inch strips. Roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and paprika. Brown in oil.
- Cut large onion on meat. Pour in 1/2 cup water. Cover and sinner 30 minutes.
- Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup and 1 1/2 cups more water.
- Put in casserole dish. Add dumplings on top and bake at 425 degrees for at 25 minutes.