Recipe: CalzonePrint This Post
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pineapple & ham, cut up
- Pepperoni Diced
- (Any combination or other fillings you like ie. olives, artichokes, sausage, etc.)
- 2 pkg (2 Tb.) yeast
- 2 Tb. sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- Combine yeast, sugar, and warm water. Allow a few minutes for the yeast to proof (double and bubble.)
- Add flour and salt.
- Knead dough with more flour to form a firm dough.
- Divide into four balls and roll each ball into a circle.
- Put filling on half of a circle. Fold in half and seal edges.
- Let raise 10 minutes.
- Put on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking oil. (I usually let them raise on the cooking sheet for 10 min or longer, covered with Saran Wrap sprayed with cooking oil.)
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve with warmed pizza or spaghetti sauce for dipping. Makes four calzones.
Cooking time (duration): 60
Number of servings (yield): 4